Thursday, May 10, 2007

Beach glass mosaics

My sister in law is really into scrapbooking -- the conventional paper method, versus the digital method. She introduced me to this web site Craft TV Weekly, and every Friday they introduce a new craft which there is a video for. One of my favorite things they have there is called "Shrunken Treasures" where they use shrink it plastic and rubber stamps to create little bits that resemble beach glass, or mosaic tiles. It's really cool! You use a heat tool to shrink the plastic, and then while it's still warm, you stamp it with a stamp to create a texture. They've used these little bits to create elements on a scrapbook page, to decorate a picture frame, and to make a mosaic. I keep thinking those little bits would be cool to make for jewelry. Like a necklace with some faux beach glass danglies. Hm, I'm going to have to give this a go and see what I can create!

Olivia

No comments: