Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The "Beaded" Bead

For those of you that do beading as a hobby, I wonder if you've ever heard of such a thing, or a technique really I suppose, called a beaded bead? Basically, it's a bigger bead that is made up from smaller beads that are put together using a little math to create a pattern. I think these beads are just so pretty, and the possibilities are obviously endless.



I came across these "beaded" beads about a year ago, at a site called beAd Infinitum. This site is owned by the creators of these sparkly creations, Florence Turnour and Gwen Fisher. These ladies sell kits, which come complete with all the beads and supplies needed, as well as written instructions and colored diagrams to create your own dazzling works of art. And if you're in the area close to them in California, they also host several workshops at various locations.

Personally I have yet to make any of these gorgeous beads myself, but it's a definite have to do on my list for that one day I have a little spare time.

Olivia

No comments: