Saturday, May 12, 2007

Granny Squares

I love crocheting Granny Squares. There are so many different variations that you can do. They're great for sampler afghans, and for using up bits of yarn. Have you ever heard of Digital Granny? You browse through about 20 pages or so of a digital afghan with all different squares. When you see a square you like, you click on it, and you'll get the pattern for that square.

I made this sweater once for a niece of mine once. She was a toddler at the time, so it was a child's sweater. Anyway I inserted a row of granny squares in all kinds of colors along the bottom of the sweater above the ribbing. It turned out so gosh darned cute. Unfortunately that was a few years back, and I never did take a picture of that sweater. Wasn't that stupid? Oh well. I never let things like that happen anymore.

Olivia

No comments: